Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pitchwars - How I got my story.


About a year and a half ago I woke up from a terrible dream. I was in a forest with little light but a lot of sound. I felt the brush of wings on my face, stumbled backwards and collided with a tree. Before I could even take another breath, the ground beneath my feet began to move. I slid behind the tree and watched as a mound of earth grew bigger and bigger, until a pair of hands burst through. 

Out of the ground came a girl with long dark hair, violet eyes, and a lot of power. She stood up, brushed the dirt off her face and looked at me. Her eyes radiated fury, her hands shook with rage, and when her gaze fell on me, I knew that I was in deep trouble. 

Of course then I woke up. I was completely covered in sweat and shaking all over. The image of that girl stuck with me though. I began to wonder a few things. One, what the hell was wrong with me that I had a dream like that? It took me an hour to get back to sleep afterwords. Two, how did she get there?
Since she was a figment of my imagination, I knew that the only way I would ever know the answer to the second question, would be if I wrote her story myself. I named her Evie and gave her life.

Now I know how she came to be buried in that lonely forest. 

I'm not sure I'll ever know what's wrong with me that I have dreams like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment